Port au Prince

Port au Prince
"He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure." Psalm 40:2

Thursday, April 22, 2010

handing off the baton

I am very excited that tomorrow I will speak to the hospital coordinator about getting approval to train 2 Haitian translators (who have been with Anna and I during our PT work) to take over a job that has been alloted to visiting international PT's here. Having a national do this task will provide better continuity of care for patients, and enable the Haitian staff to learn a new skill and gain confidence and significance. Praying that this will be possible, this was a major goal of mine in coming, help nationals to learn therapy skills.

I won't get into what the task is as it is too technical as well as hard to explain. Knobs twisting et al.... ask me later if you really want to know.

Mary Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment