Port au Prince

Port au Prince
"He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure." Psalm 40:2

Thursday, April 15, 2010

In January after the earthquake I had a reaction similar, I am sure, to many - what can I do to help. As a nurse and public health student I was drawn to the stories of health professionals who responded initially. I was inspired by their efforts and am excited about the opportunity I have now to go with this team. At the same time I am constantly questioning whether I have the right skills, whether I can do anything. Yet as I have seen the doors open for me and for the team, I see God's hand at work. I am encouraged by the fact that we are only the vessels that the Lord uses and I pray that His power and glory will come through the work that we are able to do. - Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment