Port au Prince

Port au Prince
"He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure." Psalm 40:2

Friday, April 16, 2010

To God be the glory

Never did I imagine returning so promptly to the land where I was born after such devastating tremors. With no medical, rescue, disaster relief, or reconstruction training or experience and not even any immediate family members to check on, I did not see myself being useful during this very dark period in the history of the nation.
However, when Park Street Church initiated a short-term mission trip there, I knew it was the Lord giving me the opportunity to go and help make a difference; for that I am grateful to the church.
To the other members of the team, I want to remind you that your rewards for allocating your time, resources and expertise to this cause will come straight from the King, for Jesus Himself declares in Matthew 25:40 that the King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’
Please pray for us and for the work in Haiti.

Pierre D Raymond

No comments:

Post a Comment