Port au Prince

Port au Prince
"He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure." Psalm 40:2

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Kalico beach!

Good evening!

Today was a lovely day for team Haiti in Kalico beach - spent the day resting by a breezy beach and enjoying the beauty that is Haiti. Reminded us all of the glory that Haiti once was, and can be, and that we are all praying for. The water was warm as expected, saltier than expected. Unfortunately though, the beach was pebbly - if that's a word - and no sand, but just as beautiful. The beach, and the ride there is gorgeous with the mountainous ranges on one side and beautiful blue beach on the other side of the road, and perhaps about one mile from the entrance to Kalico beach, we went by Obama Beach Hotel. Anyway, another fun thing that we did was haggling for trinkets and one of our members, we wont say who, may or may not begin with an S -sucks at this, but as it turns out grande grande Michelle to be  great at it.  Overall, rather fun day and we left this town as large rain drops begun to descent and the scent of the earth reminded me of Kenya and the coming rain. Anyway, overall we had a great day. One thing that is re-enforced to me every day here is that I need to learn Hatian Creole. Everyone assumes that I do, and they ask the question at least twice each time, perhaps not trusting their own ears when I saw I don't. It is fun to see the surprise on the children's faces when someone who looks like them does not understand them!

Anyway after a game of dominos, 42 with dominos blocks and a game of cards called up and down the river, I am ready for bed.

We will update you more on our previous adventures in the last few days as time allows us to do so, even though they will be late entries.

Nicolette


No comments:

Post a Comment