Port au Prince

Port au Prince
"He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure." Psalm 40:2

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Thank you Sarah Norton/Roland

Dear Friends and Family,

This year I feel blessed to have the opportunity to see patients in the mobile clinics and also to play with the children in the orphanage. We did a mobile clinic yesterday at one of the sites that we were at last year, a primary school north of Haiti. I was able to see several patients that we had seen last year. It is frustrating to hear that the medications that we prescribed were helpful but that they ran out and the same medical problem returned. However, I'm so heartened to see all the construction continuing apace in Haiti. Completely new housing and shops, including medical clinics and pharmacies that were not there last year that will hopefully make our mobile clinics unnecessary sooner rather than later. We are super grateful for all of the support we received for this medical mission. I am especially grateful for Sarah Roland her her pharmacy for donating so many medications for the clinics. We had so many more options for treating patients this year compared to last year and are thankful for all the hard work her fellow pharmacists and technicians put into sorting the donations.


Danielle and Rolf - 2016 with 2015 photo

Today, I continued to have my heart stolen by the children at the orphanage. It was a busy morning learning songs and reviewing from Monday. Followed by a fun afternoon of playing non-stop. However, the most poignant moment was when I gave the children photos that were taken by Sarah Roland (previously Sarah Norton) during the missions trip last year. As much as the children loved the soccer balls, Uno, and Twister, they cherished being given an individual photo of themselves. They gathered around as they were being passed out and after looking excitedly at each others photos they went to place them neatly in their rooms. They then asked to take more photos on my iPhone and went through my photos afterwards asking about my family. They were really intrigued by my video of July 4th celebration in Boston at the Hatch Shell with Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture in the background. It is always a difficult thing to say goodbye at the end of the day even when I know that I will get to see them again on Friday.

Thank you again to all our supporters! It really makes a huge difference.

- Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment